An ancient Krishna temple - Sri Venugopala Krishnaswamy Temple, Chennai, India

The old Madras, the George Town locality, has so many ancient temples. But, unfortunately, many of them remain lesser-known. Sri Venugopala Krishnaswami temple is one such lesser-known old temple. It is located at Pavalakara Street (Coral Merchant Street) in the Muthialpet area. 

The presiding deity is Lord Krishna. He holds a flute and stands with legs crossed in his typical pose. His consorts Rukmini and Bhama are on either side. The temple also enshrines Rama, Hanuman, Srinivasa Perumal, Rukmini and Andal.

Happy travelling.



Visit my site, krishnakumartk.com, to know more about the travel guides and other books that I have written.




Comments

  1. Thanks sir. I would visit the temple soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this brings back my childhood memories, i was near this temple when was doingmy schooling, its a v nice temple, and they are going to do samprokshanam soon to this temple

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was born n brought up in Thambuchetty st very near to this God Krishnan koil we use to call. We breath krishnan
    I recall our daily visit to this temple during Margazhi n chant hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare then only we will b given dates as prasadham after neivedhyam to god krishna n ramar .
    I recall my anjaneyar pradhashanam which is little difficult n interesting.
    If I keep describing abt this temple it will take long days.
    However good to recall our boyhood with this temple.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Tallest Murugan of Chennai

A 17th century Dargah with healing power - Mount Road Dargah, Chennai, India

Putlur Angala Parameswari Temple - Chennai