Nisargadhama forest, Coorg


Nisargadhama is a lovely picnic spot in Coorg. This is located at a distance of around 30 kms from Madikeri. If you reach Kushal Nagar town, this place is hardly 2 kms from there.

The entire forest is located inside an island. You either need to cross the river Kaveri through a hanging bridge, or ride an elephant or a boat, to reach the place. The sprawling 64-acre forest has a deer park. 

Nisargadhama is a treat to our eyes with thick bamboo groves, sandalwood and teak trees surrounded by river Kaveri. You will also get to spot rabbits and peacocks in the forest.

Nisargadhama also has a beautiful children park. This is a perfect picnic spot where you can get elephant ride, boat ride, bird watching, watching deer, peacock and rabbits, children parks and beautiful sight of bamboo trees along the banks of river Kaveri. If you want to stay in the forest and enjoy nature, there are resorts inside the forest.


Let me provide more information on various other places of interest in Coorg in my forthcoming posts.

Till then...


Happy travelling...

Visit my site, krishnakumartk.com, to know more about the travel guides and other books that I have written. 




















Coorg

Comments

  1. I will be watching all you posts on Coorg with interest. I am also advising all my friends to read the same from time to time. Pl go ahead. Regards.
    Mangesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have planned to go to Kanyaakumari & Padmanabh Palace from Poovar, but not yet fixed where to go from Ashtamudi. We will put up in Club Mahindra resorts in both the places(Poovar & Ashtamudi). You may advise about Ashtmudi. Thanks a lot for remembering my query and respond.
    Mangesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot once again. We have booked Poovar resort for 3 days & Ashtmudi for 4 days. So you may advise us accordingly. We wouldn't mind little more travelling provided it is worth seeing. I do have great interest in seeing places from various angles. So please do not hesitate in suggesting us.I very much appreciate the way you pay attention to my query.
    Regards.
    Mangesh Nabar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, madam. I am going through your guided tour details. Just one query, can we not visit Kanyaakumari from Poovar. It nearest from Poovar. Isn't it?
    One request, you may let me know your email id, so that I can communicate with you faster than this. Regards.
    Mangesh Nabar

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is picturesque the way u have described! tempted to visit soon! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Tallest Murugan of Chennai

A 17th century Dargah with healing power - Mount Road Dargah, Chennai, India

Putlur Angala Parameswari Temple - Chennai