Chennai city, the capital of Tamil Nadu state of India has a lot of heritage buildings of British era (India was ruled by the British till 1947 CE). Some of those heritage buildings are beautiful churches. In the famous Parrys corner in NSC Bose Road of George Town area, just opposite to the High Court building, there is a cute church named Anderson church is located. This church is a fine example for the heritage sites of Chennai city belonging to the British period.
In 1837 CE, Reverend John Anderson arrived in
The church, along with its towering steeple, remained a landmark of the
The interior of the church is very beautiful and it is one of the very few well maintained churches of Chennai city.
View Larger Map